Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Dead Girls Dont Lie

Author: Jennifer Shaw Wolf
Stars: 5 out of 5



Back of the Book

Rachel died at two a.m . . . Three hours after Skyler kissed me for the first time. Forty-five minutes after she sent me her last text. 

Jaycee and Rachel were best friends. But that was before. . .before that terrible night at the old house. Before Rachel shut Jaycee out. Before Jaycee chose Skyler over Rachel. Then Rachel is found dead. The police blame a growing gang problem in their small town, but Jaycee is sure it has to do with that night at the old house. Rachel’s text is the first clue—starting Jaycee on a search that leads to a shocking secret. Rachel’s death was no random crime, and Jaycee must figure out who to trust before she can expose the truth. 

In the follow-up to her powerful debut, Jennifer Shaw Wolf keeps readers on their toes in another dark, romantic story of murder and secrets.


Summary

One of the best mysteries I've read in a while. I have been having luck with this genre of book so far this year. Another golden pick here and I must say I was little creeped out reading this at 1am in the morning it felt like i was in Lake Ridge being hunted down. 
Jaycees best friend is killed in her own room days later she receives a text and a video on her phone of her decrease bff. Jaycee believes there is a lot more to her death. Jaycee starts to look into her death with the help of Eduardo one of the people she was closes to before she died. Her bff has left clues along the way that only Jaycee would notice and understand, as she continues to dig, she becomes the new target of the people who killed her bff. 
Jaycee also doesn't know who to trust Eduardo the gang banger with a pass or the town's people she's grown up with her whole life.

One of the things that had me constantly banging my head was how gullible and naive Jaycee was. She ability to believe what everyone says was really frustrating. Another thing that I thought that was sad was the segregation between the Mexican migrant workers and the towns people but this is sadly a reflection of reality in some places.


The authors writing through the whole book makes you think you know who the killer was and to suspect every character. I didn't think the killer would be someone so close to Jaycee I was thrown off. One of the last people I expected was the killer and because of this I had to give the book 5 stars because usually mysteries I can figure out pretty early who the guilty person is.

No comments:

Post a Comment